Trina Studebaker Plant Store Owner, Garden Mentor
From My Bed to Yours is a gardener’s wonderland no matter how much gardening experience you’ve got. I especially love beginners and enjoy mentoring and sharing my passion for all things plants with them. I provide an atmosphere that makes them feel at ease with their questions. Don’t ask me how I do it. It might be the fact that I am always sporting fun hair colors or it might just be that my passion for gardening simply oozes out of me creating wonderful conversations leaving room for questions.
For the more experienced gardeners, I get to share with them the successes and failures I’ve had and to learn theirs, as well. We get to admit the fact that we should belong to a support group that helps us with our C.H.A.D. (Compulsive Horticulture Acquisition Disorder). But then who has time to attend a support group when there are plants to be tracked down and acquired?
I have been gardening for more than 20 years and it has been my therapy through the many challenges this life can bring. Even when I was little, I was drawn to the beauty of plants. I would sing to them in our beautiful yard in hopes that it would help them grow. And who’s to say it didn’t?
As an adult, I’ve been involved in many gardening groups/clubs. I have to say that Master Gardening is my favorite. I love that I get to continue my learning of sustainable gardening practices and the volunteer activities are incredibly fulfilling.
Gardening on a budget can be a challenge. Although, I have to admit that it’s so much fun to come home and tell my husband, Loren, about my latest find and the amazing deal I scored. I, of course, would have to share this latest victory with my gardening friends. My non-gardening friends never seem to be impressed, though. This deeply puzzles me.
Now I am the proud and happy owner of a plant store where gardening is so much fun and affordable! My plant prices are lower than any nursery I’ve ever been to. The plant exchange and rescues also help keep prices down. Where else can you get credit for your divided perennials and use that credit to buy new plants? And with the plant rescue, I get to keep my prices low for those who don’t have an exchange, but want to purchase plants. It makes me so, so happy to be able to offer this. I can just hear the excitement in my customers’ voices when they go home and tell their significant other about the amazing plant deal they procured.
When people ask me what I do for work, I tell them that I play. How can I possibly say that I’m working, when I am having the time of my life.From My Bed to Yours in the news:
From My Bed to Yours assists homeowners by problem solving trouble areas.
- Don’t throw those plants away. Donate them!
- I will advise on the relocation of plants not working where they are.
- Do you have plants that you no longer want or need that
to be dug up? I will dig them up. For perennials and small plants there is a small fee. For shrubs and larger plants that require hired help, I charge a bit more. Let’s talk about it!
- Do you need to learn how to divide your perennials? I will teach you in your yard with your perennials. My payment is the extra perennials.
1. Teen mentorship program: I LOVE working with our youth. In this mentorship program, I teach the importance of being on time, taking ownership and pride in one’s work, confidence, working with a sense of urgency, respect for oneself and others, working independently and with a team, sustainability, keeping our planet healthy and so much more. I have worked with many of our young people and it has been amazing to see how they grow through this process.
2. Plant Rescue Missions: Put your name on the list of people I contact when there is a plant rescue mission. Sometimes this is planned ahead of time, sometimes it’s spur of the moment! These PRMs are so much fun and many times you walk away with free plants. It’s true! FREE PLANTS!
3. Plant Store and Property: Maybe you are new to the area and haven’t gardened in our climate, maybe you are a beginner gardener and need hands-on experience, maybe you want to help out to earn free plants! There are many reasons why you might want to volunteer at my plant store and/or property. I love to teach about gardening. The list is a mile long in what you can learn when you volunteer. In addition to learning about gardening, my zest for life and my spirituality seem to ooze out of me. I can’t help it! I love people and I love our planet. Working together we really can make a difference!